Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my bronco came stock with the swing away tire carrier, still has the holes in the fender. I picked up a used one with latch today at the junkyard for $8, the problem is, my tailgate is from a different bronco that didnt have one. So no holes, no inner reinforcement. I cant find this part on the ford parts website, does anyone know where I can get one or if I could make one easily enough? I dont want to have to drive the hour to pullapart to find one then spend time digging through the tailgate, if I can just order one online or something. It wont have any huge tires on it, maybe a 32 at most.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,409 Posts
It seems complicated enough that you'd be better off finding one rather than making one. It ties into the structure in multiple planes. There's a pic in post 14 of this thread. I think Dustball may still have one for sale.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems complicated enough that you'd be better off finding one rather than making one. It ties into the structure in multiple planes. There's a pic in post 14 of this thread. I think Dustball may still have one for sale.
yeah it looks a little tricky. I pm'ed dustball, see if he's got one still. Otherwise, guess its a jy search

·
Registered
413 Posts
or you can order a brand new one from LMCtruck.com.

·
Registered
200 Posts
definitely get it taken care of... mine was the same way and riding around with a 33x12.50 spare has broken the welds on almost the whole outer skin of the tailgate...

i'm junkyard searching :(

·
Premium Member
4,529 Posts
Stupid questiong.......Did you chuck your old tialgate away already or was that tailgate already on it when you got the truck? If you still have it, than cut apart your old one and use the old reinforcment in the new tailgate..... maybe even add some support to the old one while you have it out also.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the truck last week, this tailgate was already on it. Dustball still has his and will be shipping it out next weekend :rockon while I'm in there, I'm gonna go ahead and do my torque pins, from steve83's galleries

1 - 9 of 9 Posts