Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this. I found it searching for a shackle flip kit for my buddie's silverado. The shackle flip bracket attatches to a shackle then to the spring. The bracket it self pivots away from the truck allowing more droop from the leaf. A bushing/bumpstop is attatched to the bracket to act as a bumpstop for the bracket when it swings back up.

Pictures are worth 1000 words... here ya go

He calls the "Springer Shackles"

http://www.users.uswest.net/~ruthspear/index.html

What do you think...i guess it works.. dunno how it acts driving on the road but i guess they wouldnt move much during normal driving...

DC

·
Registered
606 Posts
do a search on 3/ quarter eliptical or something like that i think there was some talk of stuff close to that most people say that is a bad thing more of a ramp champ flew thing like the leaf spring rockers.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i've been looking into things like these. why do so many people diss these? seems like it would be a good idea for flex. on the road they would have to be bolted up. and the side load on the spring perch would be multiplied.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
you arn't forcing the wheel down quite like regular articulation... it's just the weight of the tire ad axle sitting on the ground(hence being called droop)... makes for a ramp champ sure... but rti scores don't mean as much on the trail as some people seem to think....

plus like said above... if you are side hilling and the top side unloads... hold on and i hope you have a cage

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
ko i can see the side hill and the down hill disadvantages. i thought RTI was one of the best ways to show trail ability. besides actual trails. to be honest i don't do much hard core stuff. i've done trail rides but mostly only ranch roads.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
jam0o0 said:
ko i can see the side hill and the down hill disadvantages. i thought RTI was one of the best ways to show trail ability. besides actual trails. to be honest i don't do much hard core stuff. i've done trail rides but mostly only ranch roads.
rti ramps are not a good judge at all, how many times have you seen a tail resemble a ramp and have all but one tire on level ground? my truck sucks on a rti ramp but if youve seen any of my pictures you know I drive through alot of crap way harder than an rti ramp.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that's true. trails aren't like ramps at all. and i don't doubt you or your truck's abilities. i guess the extra droop you gain with these doesn't help much because for them to droop there has to ne NO force or weight on the drooping tire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts