Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you guys mount your fog or aux. light switches? I am in the process of wiring up some fogs and need some input on where to put the switches for them. Pictures would be a plus. Thanks guys!:thumbup

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've been looking and looking for a 02 and up super duty at the JY to see if they have the nice switches to pull and I was gunna put them where the push button 4x4 switch would go. Their real nice and light up, I think it would be a slick n easy install too.

·
A broke kid with a bronco
4,065 Posts
In the overhead console.

Note to self: never use blue switches again. They are too bright for night driving.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts

fuse block diagram (never took an art class in my life

power goes into the fuse block and then into separate relays for each set of lights

5 relays, roof (for the hella lights) front (for grille guard if i chose to hook lights up to the power lead going to it) , then left right and rear

going off relay 2
here is a diagram

all controlled by these switches

You can see the switches to the right of the stereo

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that in your center console? I cant tell.... sorry Im a tad buzzed haha
:whiteflag

·
Registered
149 Posts
I put mine in the crap holder down and to the right of the steering wheel. drill into the top of it, and use a bolt and nut to attach the switch mount. the switch i got came with the lights, so it hangs from the top and therefor is perfect for it. also hard to see the wires going to it. the PO put a switch in the pannel next to the headlight switch, looks clean, but he messed up my dimmer, so i can adjust the brightness of the dash cluster lights 5 times or so low to high before it stops spinning, but hey it works

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
I use a Pilot 4 channel wireless remote switch for my aux lights. I have 4 on a roof bar and 3 on a bumper hoop. May be a bit much for fog lights though but sure is nice to control 7 100watt lights and no junky looking switches in the dash or console.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I put mine on the front of the center console, so the switches were facing towards the front. it kept the night time illumination problem down and it was just easier to turn them on by feel than having to stare at the bright lights in the dark...

·
Registered
139 Posts
google switch panels. The ones that Law Enforcement uses in their police rigs are super nice and can handle just about any kind of load you can put to it. Thats what I am going to do when I wire for lights.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Im thinking about doing the remote switch so far, how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bump...

I'm looking for a switch panel for my PIAA 580 and 540 fog lights, winch switch, LED interior lighting, etc...(also the best firewall location to go through with the wiring)

So far I like the junk holder location under the steering column in my 94 as a location. Switch lighting shouldn't be so bad there and wiring to that location would be easier but I wonder how many switches you can mount in there? You can Never have too many switches :thumbup

I found some pretty neat stuff at this site:

OTRATTW

The wireless remote idea is interesting also.....might lose the remote though and/or company go out of business. Lots to think about.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would think maybe taking a piece of sheet metal, bending it at the right angles, bolting it up down low on the dash (plus a decent looking coat of paint), wouldn't look too bad if you have enough switches to mount to it. Even if you left the wires dangling running under the dash and not through it...but I would personally use heatshrink with that idea since I 1) have roll of it, and 2) just like to use it :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts