Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck currentlly has procomp ttb drop brakets. I was planning on eventually putting the stock pieces back in and going with a cut and turned long travel setup.
Anybody ever do this? I am curious if the extra holes that were added for the Procomp brackets will make the crossmember weaker then it should be with the stock pivots back in place, and if that is the case what did you do to make that stronger, Yes i could just plate the stock pieces but some pics would at least get me a start on what areas really need it.

Truck will be used for mild duning at the most. The solomotorsports 13" kit is most likelly what I will end up running on it.

I already have a set of stock pivot brackets ready to go back in.

Thanks for any input :thumbup

this might be better suited in the speed section but thought i might get some other ideas posting it here.

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
I doubt it would make it weak, if there is any doubt in your mind of the strength plate the backside like you said. There sn't anything wrong with overkill.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm about to do the same thing: switch out my Superlift drop brackets for stock pivot brackets to go cut and turn. The couple of small extra holes shouldn't be a problem unless you plan to prerun/jump the thing, in which case you'll wann plate/beef up just about everything.

·
Registered
192 Posts
People drill holes in stuff to lighten it all the time, and dimple die it usually, but I doubt it'll fold just because the holes are there. I mean by the time you put that much force on it something is gonna break anyway lol

·
User that is Registered
1,000 Posts
You might be able to move the pivot holes up on your drop brackets and avoid the question entirely, and end up with stronger pivot brackets than stock.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to look into moving them up, The thought did cross my mind about just making my own mounts too that brace the crossmember at the same time.

It sounds like it should be fine, but since I will have the motor and tranny out soon anyways seems like it would be easy to beef it up some too.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
Hey if you are pulling the drop brackets for your RA's would you sell them to me. How soon are you going to do this? I need to get mine dropped soon. Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts