Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m sure this has been ask before, but does anyone use synthetic oil ? I did a search and had no luck. I ordered my new short block today and thought about using it ,

·
Registered
178 Posts
Talk to your engine builder, most recommend regular oil during break in period

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i ran synthetic blend in mine for a while, but it just seemed to burn it up really quick (almost 1 quart every thousand miles and only 75-80K on the engine). no leaks, no smoke, don't know where it went.:shrug

now i just use regular old 20w50, no probs, except my shitty fram filter blew its gasket this weekend, 300 miles from home.:banghead

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
according to my engine builder dont use synthetic for the first 5,000 miles. after that Redline and royal purple are the best, more common good ones are Mobil 1 and castrol syntec.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i'm thinking of useing it in my rebuild after talking to one of my instructors whose built a bunch of engines says every 3,000 he spins on a new filter and tops off. recently took apart one of them and the thing was spotless.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The guy I got my truck from ran Mobil 1 in it, and so I have used it for over 3 years now as well. Seems to work great for me, and it seems to stay cleaner longer.. Usually change about every 3500 or so...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts