Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple trucks and I decided to take a short night time run and my trans-case started acting weird. After I locked in the hubs, put 'er in 4-lo, and climbed the entry hill to our newly found spot, it wouldnt go back into 2wd:banghead. I've had the truck since it was new so I know how to shift the t-case. After the climb, I stopped, put the (E4OD) in neutral, and tried to shift the (BW1356) into 2wd but it wouldn't go any further forward than 4hi. I hoped it was solid enough to get me through the trip as it held 4hi and 4lo just fine (shifting between them, I didn't have to push down on the shifter, like I usually do). When I got back to pavement, same story. I unlocked the hubs and drove a couple of miles and tried to shift into 2hi at about 35mph and everything worked as it should. Problem fixed? What happened?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Is it electric shift or manual? If its electric it kind of sounds like the gear motor is acting up. Mine did the same thing, theres a write-up on here somewhere about how to pull it apart and fix a little plastic gear in it using ruber hose. It took me about 10 minutes and havn't had any problems.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
my 208 use to do that sometimes. I would just unlock the hubs, drive in reverse a few feet and put it in N, then shift it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's manual shift. Crawling under there today after the car wash to take a look at the linkage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts