Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my tranny mount out do the old one being bad. With the old mount i had over a 1/4 of clearance between the t-case and the cab. Now with the new mount there is about 1/8 or less and when i hammer down on the throttle the t-case moves up just enough to hit the bottom of the cab and make a vibration.

Question is it normal to be that close or should there be a bigger gap. i looked my body mounts and they don't look to be in bad shape but anything is possible.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
It's actually the vent that's bumping the floor pan, right? Mine did that, but it ran that way for lots of years with no problems. I thought to slip a short piece of hose over it, but now it's behind a 203 range box and clocked up a little... no clearance issues.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually the vent that's bumping the floor pan, right? Mine did that, but it ran that way for lots of years with no problems. I thought to slip a short piece of hose over it, but now it's behind a 203 range box and clocked up a little... no clearance issues.
I don't believe it is the vent. i think it is the actual top of the case. But i will check and see

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing when I put a new mount in, but my body mounts are on the to do list still, so my t-case hit on the body all the time. I just cut and shortened up the mount then welded it back togeter. It looks stock but about a 1/2" shorter. Oh and the side mount on the t-case still works fine, no mods there.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
I agree with Mike that your clearance issue is due to a new tranny mount and old body mounts. I replaced my body mounts and have enough clearance between the top of my tranny and the tub to stick my hand up there. I even replaced the tranny mount and still have clearance on top of my tranny for my hand. You might have some body mount perches that are rusted through (common issue) and need replaced or repaired.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've never owned one that didn't have a lot of rot on all the frame/pedestal holes for the mounts + broken down mounts. Everytime I've got both rear wheels in the air (which happpens a bit to often) I wonder if the body is going to seperate from the frame. :toothless

·
Registered
455 Posts
What about the transfer case side mount?
Don't know if a new one will give more
clearance, but JBG sells a nice kit with
poly mounts and a new bolt.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts