Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my latest acquisition, a '91 explorer, i changed the trans yesterday.. and when i had the t-case off of course it bled a bunch of ATF everywhere.. so i'm thinking it needs to be refilled, unless it shares ATF from the trans.. does anybody know? i did see what looks like a fill plug on the back, but it's pretty low (like an inch or two from the bottom) so i'm thinking thats not it?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
That one would be the drain I'd think...look up twards the middle or near the upper side of the case. I'd call ford or a transmission shop and ask them if it shares fluid, but I doubt it does...

KC

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
So my latest acquisition, a '91 explorer, i changed the trans yesterday.. and when i had the t-case off of course it bled a bunch of ATF everywhere.. so i'm thinking it needs to be refilled, unless it shares ATF from the trans.. does anybody know? i did see what looks like a fill plug on the back, but it's pretty low (like an inch or two from the bottom) so i'm thinking thats not it?
No, they do not share fluid. Both the fill and the drain plugs are on the back of the case. The fill plug is the one higher up on the case.:rofl:
The drain plug may behind a large vibration dampener weight, the fill plug is up and toward the right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts