Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...this isn't my truck, but a friend's F-150. I am not real sure what his problem is, but I would like to see what you guys think and how hard it will be to fix.

I am just going to paste the e-mail he sent me into the message...

Thanks!
:beer
Bill

E-mail from Eric:
Ummm…I guess I will just give you all the info for my truck. Its an ’84 F-150, strait 6 300 4.9L, its got a 4spd with granny gear and an NP208 transfer case, transfer case has a single shift lever through the floor. AS of now, I am pretty sure my hubs are locking in, I can raise the front, turn the wheels and the axles do move, but, when I get one front and one rear wheel off the ground and try to put it in 4x4, front drive shaft from t-case doesn’t turn, rear does. The t-case feels like it is shifting fine, no weird noises or anything like that, I can hear is kinda clunking in like normal, and if I put it in 4-lo it will reduce the gear ratio, but its still only rear wheel drive. Right now I am assuming that it is the chain. I am also wondering if I can pull the rear cover for the t-case off without having to pull the transfer case, also, if I can get a new chain cheap. Alright, well, thanks, if your going to post this or whatever, I really appreciate it.

'later!
eric

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

Anyone have any ideas?

I have done some more research...and am still at a loss.

My buddy wants to have this "problem" fixed before bad weather hits in a month or two.

Any suggestion from you guys would be great!

:beer
Bill

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
My best guess- something to do with the shift forks. I'm gonna be pulling off the 208 I put on recently as a temp spare and maybe opening it up. It's pretty darn easy to open up a t-case and inspect parts. I tore down my 1356 in about 20 mins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts