Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Search the PBB. There's a VSS part no for a Lincoln (Merc??) that puts out 8000ppm and fits in the xfer. That's really all you need.

Folks have done it... I just can't find any of them at the moment.

Putting it in the diff is another good option. That's basically what Dynarape does.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Keith_L said:
Yep, but he never got it to work quite right. I don't recall specifics but he still had some driveability issues which he thought were related to the tone ring.
Well no, he had a diff-mounted VSS pushing a non-functional ABS computer feeding a signal to a PSOM hacked out of the cluster and bolted to the top of the dash before finally going to the ECM.

I haven't talked to him in detail about it lately, but last I heard, there were SO many places where something could have gone wrong in that swap, it was difficult to point the finger at any one thing. He also had a race-prep shift kit in the E4OD... I think he finally decided that it was the cause of the firm shifts and high shift points. IOW, it wasn't in limp mode like they originally thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.