Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
What's in neutral? The 'case or tranny?

If the case it's not your planetary 'cause that won't be spinning.

Hard to say what it could be......maybe a bearing or even a worn shift fork pad (metal on metal). If you don't feel any play I'd probably leave well enough alone. Could be the pump even

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the tranny in neutral, the output side/rear yoke.
When you spin it back and forth it doesnt bind or growl,

only a little squeak.

It really only squeaks in the forward motion direction, if you spin it as if it were in reverse it doesnt really squeak.

Im going to slap the freshly rebuilt driveshaft back in there and look at an overhaul kit for the T-case. How many pesos is that going to set me back?

Or would i be better off buying a manual T-case and ditching the plastic push button?

im thinking its the output shaft bearing.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Figure $250 to do everything in the t-case *except* the planetary

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keith ,not to jack a post but ,what did you use to seal the transfer case? I mean for gasket material in the center. My case is leaking like mad from there and the rear out put area. Just wondering:beer

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Yeah, it pissed me off........I used black RTV, and lots of it. Then it started leaking like two weeks after the rebuild. I cranked down the bolts a little and it eliminated the leak at the case halves, but I've still got a slight drip for the rear output housing. I'd use some sort of a form-a-gasket or hi-tack next time. Then again it's probably just me, I can jack anything up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts