Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
if its the flat plate deal like the one on the rear 8.8...

while at a dealer trying to get some parts for my t-case swap I noticed the 1356 flat flange was the same part number (on the computer) as the rear ends flat flange.

so you "should be" able to use the rear end part if you can get one extra at a yard and the tcase is gone.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
1310 CV yoke for a 1356.

No such off the shelf animal. The only easy way to put a CV on the front of a 1356 is to use a flange yoke from the rear of a 1356.

The other way to do it is to find a 1310 CV yoke that is splined correctly then have the OD turned down to the correct OD needed and mill it down to the correct length.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
dogonmut said:
No such off the shelf animal. The only easy way to put a CV on the front of a 1356 is to use a flange yoke from the rear of a 1356.

I went this route when I put a cv on my front. I got mine from Jesse at High Angle. I suppose you could go to a junkyard and just pull one off the rear of the same transfer case.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
InkDawg said:
I went this route when I put a cv on my front. I got mine from Jesse at High Angle. I suppose you could go to a junkyard and just pull one off the rear of the same transfer case.
just for giggles seeing as my 1356 is still apart in my spare bedroom (at least it's not in my shower), I put the rear flange yoke on the front, it works, as they are both 31 spline (and meant to take 1330 series), but if you look closely the spline cut is a little different, so it does not slide right on. I am thinking of doing this for the very same reason of changing my front Dshaft to CV up front to help with the offset of the front solid axle (plus I need a wee bit more length). I already will have a spare flange yoke once the electronic tcase is pulled.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Shadofax said:
just for giggles seeing as my 1356 is still apart in my spare bedroom (at least it's not in my shower), I put the rear flange yoke on the front, it works, as they are both 31 spline (and meant to take 1330 series), but if you look closely the spline cut is a little different, so it does not slide right on. I am thinking of doing this for the very same reason of changing my front Dshaft to CV up front to help with the offset of the front solid axle (plus I need a wee bit more length). I already will have a spare flange yoke once the electronic tcase is pulled.

Mine slid on without any trouble. Jesse had me pull my rear one off and put it on the front just to be absolutly sure...

·
Premium Member
8,516 Posts
Shadofax said:
Everytime I do a search for something I need i always end up on one of your posts that gives me what I need! Dam your good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts