Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents, I searched and found a couple threads on this, but nothing that answered my questions.

I just noticed the vacuum line on the bottom of the TAB valve is not connected. The truck is running fine, good gas mileage, no check engine lights, passed smog check with no problems. I'm not sure how long it has been like this, but there has been at least 1000 miles of driving since I bought it. I'm going to fix it, but how quickly should I fix it and what kind of damage could have happened by running the truck like this? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. So i found the other half of this line. The yellow line running from the drivers side solenoid (TAD or TAB, not sure) is broken off inside the wiring harness next to the TAB valve. I'm going to reconnect it with some vacuum hose and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
26,007 Posts
yo grazer,

Good work!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone think of any reason why I shouldn't reattach that line? I'm just trying to figure out why it was broken off in the first place...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nah if you still have that system then hook it back up. Prolly just broke from age.

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
Check out www.siliconeintakes.com for replacement of emissions vaccum lines, I replaced all mine with a kit for around $54.00 and they come in 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm in 6 ft lengths, worth every penny IMHO....check out my video at www.supermotors.net/17406 and just place the cursor on a video for title and date, should be 5th from the left.....

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks JK, i'll check it out. Haven't had a chance to dig into the vacuum lines yet. I spent the whole day drying out the back of my bronco due to a massive water intrusion thanks to all that rain we had in Socal. Again, thanks to this site (and broncozone) I was able to seal up some joints so hopefully it fixed the problem. Two steps forward, one step back with this truck...but I love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts