Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an autometer tach in my 1992 F-150, and the tach is designed for a 4-6- or 8 cylinder.

I believe it is misreading my RPM, because it says the truck idles at 1200 RPM when warm (it sounds normal, not unsually fast). It also says the truck is at 3,000 RPMs at 60 MPH in overdrive (mazda tranny .80 ratio) with 3.55 gears and ~29. tires. That sounds artificially high to me. Accoring to an RPM calculator, it should be at 2138 RPMs in 5th at 65.

Is the tachometer supposed to have a switch moved to work for the different engines? I didnt see any external adjustment.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
those are the instructions which include model 2301 (which is the model in the link you posted)

give that a whirl. I don't own one or anything, nor have I ever been more than 5' from one (unknowingly) but I can google the hell outta sumptin :rockon

Hopefully that'll work for ya...

And for GOD SAKES, don't forget your Safety glasses, huh? lol

Says it's factory calibrated for a 8 cyl. I would still double check it

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering why the back on the gauge had a screw on it... I'll go check that out. Thanks again guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.