Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Tachometer on crack (Short or mechanical failure?)

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ddandavis 
#1 ·

Tachometer does this while cold, and acts floppy/laggy when warm. Rev the car and the tach responds but not accurate whatsoever

Yall think its a short, bad gauge, or something else?
also yes I know I need a new bulb

#3 ·
Not knowing what year ur bronco is cause you don't have it in your signature, I found this on the forum talking about a 96 with tach issues. maybe some of the troubleshooting tips will be helpful.

#4 ·
Sorry about that I’m pretty new to this website and finally addressing old issues with the bronco, haha

I’ll check out the forum in the morning when I finally get to work. Bronco is a 89 XLT. Auto with the 302 if that matters

Reactions: BroncMom
#6 ·
Yo DD,

Here is some more info for you; 1989 Ford Bronco EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco questions, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search. See more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links)

See and Vote in our Full-Size of the Quarter & Full-Size of the Year Contests @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Also see the prizes! They are freaking awesome!

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.