Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help! 96 351w 4x4 and my tack will not stop bouncing in any gear . It moves between 200-500 rpm up hill down hill every fricking hill. Need some ideas. I have put new plugs ,wires ,cap,rotor and inspected all most ever component that deals with spark and fuel. I have been working on cars and trucks for a long time and I thought I knew some stuff , but aparently not. ANY ideas. Thanks guys talk to ya. Ryan:banghead

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Ryan will be here shortly, he has some meds he has to take first....(not all of them are to be taken orally).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more info

I just talked to a buddy that works at the dealer and he wants me to try something. He thingks the coil might be breaking down under heavy load, so I'm going to tape the trigger on a timming light and drive down thew road and see if it blinks constant or not . What do you guys think

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,146 Posts
How are you going to see if it blinks under the hood and drive down the road all at the same time???:brownbag

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
duh

well lets think about it...... if I am going to tape the trigger on the gun where do you think I would out it under the hood ........NO I wouldtape it to the windshield so i can see . so now that that is cleared up .:twak

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Take the sensor out of the rear diff and clean it off. If there is excessive metal on it, your tone ring may be bad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The tach gets it's RPM signal from the TFI module. I had a tach not working right on my '87, put a new TFI in it, everything fixed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would you guys think of something already

I was told we have people of knowledge on this site and all I have heard is crap Give me some good ideas. I think we have a driveablity problem because now the truck just sitting still feels like it has a miss . If swapping modules is all its going to take then good , but wasted money right now would not be a good thing . It dosen't throw any codes that is what is bothering me the most , for once I want the little fricking light to go on. It is just a little miss but once you try to put some real power down thats when it really starts to buck, chug aimlessly drive like chit. I know you guys have some ideas , dont be shy lets hear it. Thanks for listing to this bitch session, Ryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.