Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The product of lots of beer and working til 1am last night.....

Its going to be a highlift mount and a place to mount lights and a cb antenna. I think it came out pretty baddass, we took an exsiting design and tweeked it to make it orginal.

that extra peice of 1x1 box tube is just sitting there to hold it up. nothings bolted yet

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Looks good

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Nice! It's not gonna hit the cab when the frame flexes, is it? You've already thought of that, obviously. Just can't tell from the angle of the picture....

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thats actually funny. I used a piece that was misbent that I had saved. worked out it was the perfect angle for this. Thats why I never throw good tube away, never know what you will use it for. It was looking like a rear bumper flipped upside down sitting on the bed before I changed the spacing between the tubes.

·
Traveling FSB'er
1,099 Posts
Nice work Dustin............ WIsh I was that talented with a welder....:thumbup :thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
whats up with the ammo cans with the locks on em??

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Marauder said:
Probably tools. Locked because as we all know, they are expensive and easy to get to in the back of the pickup.
he should get a lock on his tailgate then:toothless

Thought maybe they were for something else... I know I would need a lot bigger ammo can then that for tools, and he has the rest of the cab if he had stuff that small to put in there;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Very nice. So you also have a Bronco and a Tacoma in TTORA? I've got an 03 Tacoma 4x4 and have been involved with the TX TTORA since way back in 99 (back when I had a 99 Tacoma). Pretty cool seeing someone else with a Bronco and Tacoma - two very capable 4x4s.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, who came up with the idea to slant the tube forward?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rubicon_of_Death said:
Hey, who came up with the idea to slant the tube forward?
Me Duh!:goodfinge that was a drunkin idea that came out slick! I just built a nice little jig and built another bar to sell.

equin said:
Very nice. So you also have a Bronco and a Tacoma in TTORA? I've got an 03 Tacoma 4x4 and have been involved with the TX TTORA since way back in 99 (back when I had a 99 Tacoma). Pretty cool seeing someone else with a Bronco and Tacoma - two very capable 4x4s.

nope I dont have a tacoma, a friend does.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Marauder said:
Probably tools. Locked because as we all know, they are expensive and easy to get to in the back of the pickup.
Thats probably right I did the same thing on the wheelwells of a CJ-5 I used to own, I also made a console out of a large ammo can for the same jeep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts