Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, ok, so I'm a little wired, there's no way I could sleep.

But the Brutus Bronco is now ONE COLOR!!

I don't have the greatest pics right now, because he didn't get done til almost 9 pm - yeah, painting in the dark, not so good. And it's still taped up, so I have to wait til morning to get the paper off and put it back together, but check it out yo. :toothless

Me, mom and Wayne were working on it and dad couldn't stand it and had to do something, so we were all busting ass to get done.

I didn't get it sanded down real good in some places, so you can see the divets real bad, but I don't care, the big pig is finallly all ONE COLOR.

Mom told me later that while her and dad were wiping it down with the thinner, dad mumbled, "I still think we should have taken it to Maaco.." He was even being a PITA about getting the white Bronco "travel ready" and a cloud blew in like it was gonna rain and he got all pissy about moving the race car off the carport so we could get Brutus under cover. But the rain held off - thank God - and it's done. :drinkbud

I might post pics tomorrow before we leave after I get it back together, but I won't make any promises. I gotta figure out how me and mom are gonna get that hood back on by ourselves.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,368 Posts
I'm sure you'll finger sumthin out!
Looks good hon, I can totally appreciate the feeling. Congrats! :thumbup

So what's the "new" name for "Mad Bronco"? :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4xPepe` said:
So what's the "new" name for "Mad Bronco"?
Dude. :twak The '78 is Brutus, the white '89 is still Mad Bronco. Get it skraight Pepster. ;)

It was kinda funny though, I had to go over to JTs house to get my grill shell because he was trying to clean it up for me, and mom said something about "the blue bronco" then stopped and goes, "wait...it's not blue anymore..ok, the black Bronco..." :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fellas, I 'preciate it. We got real close to throwing in the towel and driving the '89, but I refused to give up when we were sooooooo close. I felt like it though, lol. The tension between mom and dad pitching his little fit was a little thick, but we made it.

I'm so excited, I don't know how I'm gonna friggin' sleep...I wanna get out there and put it back together RIGHT NOW. Heh. :toothless

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,368 Posts
Bronco Mels said:
Dude. :twak The '78 is Brutus, the white '89 is still Mad Bronco. Get it skraight Pepster. ;)
:brownbag sorry hun :doh0715:

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
broncos&bombs said:
if it were me i wouldnt stop till i fell asleep with a part and a wrench in my hand.
Well, the paint has to set up a little before I can start messing with it. Even though it's dry to the touch, it's still kinda soft and easily gouged. So I gotta wait til morning. I'm gonna start packing and getting everything else squared away here in a minute, so tomorrow all I'll have to do is put it together.

4xPepe` said:
:brownbag sorry hun :doh0715:
It's ok, babe...ya know I still got mad luv for ya. :kiss

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Bronco Mels said:
Well, the paint has to set up a little before I can start messing with it. Even though it's dry to the touch, it's still kinda soft and easily gouged. So I gotta wait til morning. I'm gonna start packing and getting everything else squared away here in a minute, so tomorrow all I'll have to do is put it together.
i tell ya, cant wait to see it back together. its gonna look real sexy!

·
Registered
287 Posts
WOOO HOOOO!!:chili: :chili: good going Mels!!!:rockon been keeping up on ur project. now that's what i call "overhaulin"!!

i have an idea on how u can fall asleep. have some of this:beer and u will be :drinkbud . oh wait...r u of legal drinking age? (^_~)

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
USMCGunrock0811 said:
WOOO HOOOO!!:chili: :chili: good going Mels!!!:rockon been keeping up on ur project. now that's what i call "overhaulin"!!

i have an idea on how u can fall asleep. have some of this:beer and u will be :drinkbud . oh wait...r u of legal drinking age? (^_~)
Heh, thanks...and yeah, I am by quite a few years, but I don't drink, it makes me sick and my body yells at me. :(

Bronkzilla said:
wow.. thats a huge change.. :beer
Oh wow, the great Rafelious replied to me. I feel so special!! Yeeeee. *faint* I can go to bed now, my night is complete.

Actually I'm packing some clothes and stuff, the more I do now, the sooner I can leave tomorrow. :chili:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts