Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-36021_tailgate_to_bed_seal__80-96.htm

Iam about to order the tailgate-bed weatherstrip but before I do, I want to know if this is exact same as what came from the factory. I remember Steve saying before that some weatherstripping isnt the exact same and that it could be smaller.

Yea this thing keeps leaking on the corners, like the weatherstripping isn't putting enough force on the tailgate to seal out the water. Im hopping the weathertstripping is wore out and that there is not a problem from when the truck was in a small parkinglot (5mph) fender bender. The left rear panel just had a little crease above the bumper.

So all in all is the exact OEM?

·
Banned
10,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I bought that, and it doesn't work very well on my 93.

It leaks dirt and water (Mainly runoff from the widow through the fuzzy tailgate-window seal and out the holes in the bottom of the 'gate.) all along the bottom of the seal. On the corners and sides it does fair, but I'm still not very impressed. The stock seal was far superior before the heat and age killed it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, to make this even more unappealing, I have 1/2" of supplimentary weather stripping on the tailgate and it STILL leaks. I had the supplimentary strip on there is a temp. fix before I knew about JBG or LMC and didn't want to give the Ford place an arm and a leg for their peice. In hindsight, I probably should have bitten the bullet and bought the Ford place seal.

Try LMC, I have never used their stuff; but I have never heard anything bad about them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.