Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I can't find a schematic of the wiring to the tail lights.

I was driving when the tail light fuse blew (same fuse as the dash cluster). Replaced the fuse, and all lights now work except the left running light and left blinker. The blinker and running light are two filaments in the same bulb, neither works.

Replaced the bulb. Still doesn't work. Left blinker doesn't blink at all, not normal speed, not double-fast. It just turns on the arrow on the dash and it stays lit. Turning on the hazard switch makes both blinker lights in the dash blink, but still no light out of the tail light.

Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Give it some time big M will get ya what you need but in the mean time post up your year.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Stupid question but u checked the flashers, right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stupid question but u checked the flashers, right?
Could the flasher take out the running light too? The running light is on a separate filament from the blinker bulb, so I didn't suspect the flasher. This is why the schematic would help a lot - could see what depends on what and see what link would take out both at once. Like a connector. That wouldn't really explain the shorting event that caused the fuse to blow though...

·
Super Moderator
23,344 Posts
Yo,
See
1995 Body, Chassis Service Manual
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MJ0Li_e-Esufa-pnSR-edaQ9VD15SiMS
To switch between folder list & grid views, click the button to the right of the "DOWNLOAD ALL" button in the upper right corner of the window) by HawkDriver

See section 17-01 Lighting, Exterior
Attached are some excerpts;

See more info

·
Registered
425 Posts
Told ya he would ;) 👆

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed. Ended up being very easy. There's a connector under the rear bumper where the wiring harness comes out of the frame. One of the connectors is just for that bulb. Connector had come loose due to way that the trailer wiring harness had been hooked to it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts