Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen (and ladies),

I have a 1983 Bronco. I was looking for aftermarket tail lights and found some for 87-96 Broncos.

Will those 87-96 tail lights physically fit on my 1983? I don't mind doing some minor mods to make them fit, but didn't want to throw $150 at LMC only to find they don't and I can't return 'em because I cut on 'em.

I appreciate your assistance and look forward to reading your replies!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
They do fit, but the shape of the reflector (red part) is a little rounder and smoother than the older ones. My buddy had some Grote one's on his truck, which I robbed from him before he sold it. They fit fine on his '82, and they swapped just as fine onto my '85. :thumbup

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome - I appreciate your response!

Because it's my DD, I want to make safety first and foremost while haulin' the wife and kids.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Gentlemen (and ladies),

I have a 1983 Bronco. I was looking for aftermarket tail lights and found some for 87-96 Broncos.

Will those 87-96 tail lights physically fit on my 1983? I don't mind doing some minor mods to make them fit, but didn't want to throw $150 at LMC only to find they don't and I can't return 'em because I cut on 'em.

I appreciate your assistance and look forward to reading your replies!
A $10.00 trip to the junkyard will get you a pair of stock tail lights, off any 80+ up Ford F-150.

That'll leave $140.00 left to take the wife and kids out somewhere nice.

Tell me the tail lights aren't clear:doh0715:

Sixlitre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts