Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do something with my tailgate im starting off with taking off my tire rack and welding the holes shut...does anybody have a pic of there tailgate or any ideas

thanx

·
Registered
398 Posts
could you elaborate please? what do you want to do to your tailgate. If you want I can customize with a ball peen hammer and a can of spray paint??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i want to make it smooth...but i def. want to make it all one color

·
FSB warrior
4,831 Posts
some ideas.... use your head......that should lead you to take all the molding off and fill the holes... its not that hard!

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Take the tailgate off, and remove any, and all, trim. Remove all the paint from the outside (the side that's visible from the rear), and get a piece of 16Ga sheetmetal cut to fit the tailgate. Mig weld it in, in alternating spots so you don't overheat the sheetmetal and warp it. Grind/sand smooth, primer and paint

A two-day job, done deal

·
FSB warrior
4,831 Posts
its off of an 87, and just so happened to only have a ford emblem, well and some of those shiny naked girls. Those came off with aircraft stripper with the other 2 layers of paint, then I cut out the rust and welded in new 20 ga, bondo and paint

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would a 87 tailgate fit on a 94???lol cause then ill just go to the junk yard

G

·
I'm kinda hoping you will get all the bugs worked out for me.

A fixed window, or soft top window, no problem, but glass, I don't think so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Traveler said:
I'm kinda hoping you will get all the bugs worked out for me.

A fixed window, or soft top window, no problem, but glass, I don't think so.
That would be awesome.... The glass could be done, heck anything can..... Two pieces with a rubber-center strip that is fixed to one side so that when the two roll up together they seal..... Damn that would be cool.....

G

·
Remeber the 70's thunderbirds and I am sure other cars.
The back glass, for the back seat had a rubber strip on it, and the window went down at an angle.
The front window went straight up and down, the back window moved at an angle.

That would work. Clamp the rubber on one side, and you are good to go. Leave the standard bronco window channel on top.
Cut a piece of flat glass, and wala!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About the 87 tail gate on a 94 it would mount right up with no extra work? besides switching handles and window ect..

·
Registered
16 Posts
my tailgate

heres a shot of mine its 10 gauge aluminum with the leters f o r d cnc plasma cuted into it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it allo ties into my roll cage that was custom built under that soft top. i love it and it keeps things warm on the winter runs here in colorado.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.