Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the tailgate window switch removed from the lock cylinder. I can't seem to get the lock cylinder out. I am missing the key. How does the cylinder come out? Does it twist or pull. I dont want to force it. I have searched all the threads and have found nothing on how the cylinder gets removed. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
Just pay a lock smith 65 dollars to rekey it. They don't have to remove the lock cylinder. I just did this on my bronco last week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not remove the trim. Is there a clip behind the trim? The truck does not run yet so I wanted to be able to take the cylinder out so I can use the window from the key.

·
Premium Member
5,372 Posts
I did not remove the trim. Is there a clip behind the trim? The truck does not run yet so I wanted to be able to take the cylinder out so I can use the window from the key.
Gotcha, it is not running but it still has electrical power? That is the only cylinder where you need electrical power. Sorry no help on the cylinder from me, I tried taking mine out and quite it. The lock smith had it done in 10 minutes.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
The lock cylinder flange is sandwiched between the tailgate skin and the trim panel.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The lock cylinder flange is sandwiched between the tailgate skin and the trim panel.
:stupid

This. I bought new ones and was so pissed because it couldn't get the old one out. Then I realized that the trim was holding it in. 2 bolts on the edge of the tailgate and 2 behind the glass were what I needed out.

·
Registered
1990 5.8 EB
3 Posts
:stupid

This. I bought new ones and was so pissed because it couldn't get the old one out. Then I realized that the trim was holding it in. 2 bolts on the edge of the tailgate and 2 behind the glass were what I needed out.

I know this thread is old, but this was the exact info I was looking for. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts