Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of searching...maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

They key switch wasn't working to lower the back window so I did some testing and the switch is bad. Power is getting to the switch and the front switch works so the motor is fine. The switch is bad.

Where in the world can I buy a replacement switch? I couldn't find them from LMC or JBG. Is Ford the only option? Does Ford even have them?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
bchin and Big Rick - there was a guy on here that fixed his tailgate switch by grinding off the rivets on his old switch and went to Radio Shack (IIRC) and found a switch that fit. Then he just used some small bolts/nuts and put it back together. The switch itself is nothing special.
I can't find the thread right now, but it was in the last few months - start searching.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the side of the switch to raise the window. Has anyone tried to spray the bejesus out of it with contact cleaner? I think that's my next plan of action before I do the radio shack switch fix.

·
Registered
124 Posts
you can try to junkyard it, try to find a tailgate with damage that rear panel looks in tact. its a pretty simple removal and thats how i fixed mine without paying out the wazzoo for a new harness. i was an idiot a few months back there was an oem one in the box on ebay for buy it now 50 bucks, i was running short on cash but should have shelled it out anyways

·
Registered
99 Posts
im 90% sure ALL back window problems happen because if u don't have new weather stripping water likes to run all over on inside of tail gate:banghead

·
Registered
189 Posts
im 90% sure ALL back window problems happen because if u don't have new weather stripping water likes to run all over on inside of tail gate:banghead
Agreed! i learned that the hard way :( The weather stripping was cheap too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts