Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 bko and it has the big alluminum strip on the tailgate, i've seen other bko's that didnt have the strip. Is this maybe one of the differences in the XL, XLT, and EB ? the reason I ask is because i'm buying an aftermarket tailgate and I would rather not have the big alluminum strip on it.

F

·
0 Posts
my rear window gets stuck all the time........i have to roll it up and down over and over again in little inch by inch, to get it to come down or up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i was wondering the same thing

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
When you buy an aftermarket new gate they come without any holes for the aluminium. There aren't any variations when ordering the gate.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really? I thought the tailgate would have a big "indentation" for where the alluminum strip would go.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you read the thread about the guy who put 20's on his '89? Thats actually when I started thinking about it. It dosent look it has the indentation, maybe its just me though. thanks for the info! BaddAss Rig by the way :beer

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea thats what the tailgate I saw looked like. Here is mine....

I would think that is I took the alluminum off, the indentation would be like 2-3 inches? Maybe not.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea looking at his tailgate got me thinking about mine (his is an 89 mines a 90 same color)

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
You can see the indent on mine pretty good it's only 1/2"-3/4" the most/ Like I said they are all the same 80-96 and the aftermarket ones come just like mine. If you take yours off you will have a bunch of holes in the center raised area.

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
This is my taigate after i took the aluminum strip off filled the holes Didn't sand it very good:brownbag and painted it, I liked it much better.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awsome info guys! Helped me out a bunch!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Finding a used one

I look around on something like craigslist in the arizona or vevada area. I found one for my 95 bko nd it cast me about 450.00. It had absolutely no rust and had everything including the window and motor. I think I paid 180.00 for shipping. All I had to do was take the old one off and put the new one on and connect the wires. It took me about 2 hours. Thats been a year ago and no problems.
Good Luck

·
Registered
604 Posts
$650 for a tailgate? Was it gold plated? That is alot of dosh, dude.

Ozzy, Find a new one local for $250 or so and have it painted, then move your stuff into it. With a new aftermarket one, you don't need to fill the trim panel holes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about buging one from broncograveyard.com they sell an aftermarket one for like $250+shipping, I was planning on seam sealing it, and possibly herculine the inside of it.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
Not sure where your from Ozzy but look into local replacement parts places first, I only paid $260 for mine and didn't have to pay for shipping.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts