Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking for a decent tailgate for a while and havent had much luck. so i figured mabe ill just buy a new reproduction shell. while i was looking at one to buy i noticed the years 80-82 and 83-96 they have two different gates just curious if anyone knows the difference. i found another parts bronco. its a 93 with a good gate. it would be my luck i buy it and the gate doesnt work on my 80.
thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
all you have to do is swap the latches. i did it on my 81 and its not that difficult. just make sure to soak all the hardware with plently of penetrating lube before hand, considering the bolts are removed using a phillips head screw driver and that they are usually covered in a decent amount of rust.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tailgate

all you have to do is swap the latches. i did it on my 81 and its not that difficult. just make sure to soak all the hardware with plently of penetrating lube before hand, considering the bolts are removed using a phillips head screw driver and that they are usually covered in a decent amount of rust.
just swap my 80 latches in the 93? do the the gates look the same i never noticed a difference but never had them next to each other? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts