Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 12" subs in my bronco and obviously a lot of things rattle and i can take them. But, the tailgate rattles really loud that i cant hear my music unless i blare it but i can still hear the rattle. Does anyone know of something inside the tailgate that i can fix? or would something like dynamat work?

p.s. i used search and found one thing related to doors rattleing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i took carpet pad and took off the panel in the tailgate and cut a piece to fit. and screwed the cover back on i had to fight with it to get the cover back on. i have 2 12s also but the outside of the tailgate rattle and not the inside.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
How bad are the latch peice that the fingers on the tailgate close around?(if you know what Im talking about?) The nylon type stuff (or whatever it is was about wore off of mine) that the latch, latches around was wore out. Replaced the nylon stuff and most of my rattle went away. Granted I don't have 12" subs, but still...I know that rattling sound gets really annoying.

KC

·
Premium Member
If it is not a Bronco, it's just not worth driving.....
1,621 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to reply to since I have the same problem.

I recently had my truck repainted and I took the tailgate off and apart for the paint job. Since I have put it back together the torsion bar is rattling. I put everything back together like I think it came apart, but I have the rattle....

I have read other threads that suggest putting fuel tubing around the torsion bar in strategic places, but I didn't find anything like that on the bar when I pulled it apart. I was hoping to put it back together and stop the rattle without adding anything that wasn't factory.

I just wanted to add the torsion bar possibility to this thread in case others find this in the search like I did.

Kenneth

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Roll the window down lol, i notice a rattle more with the window up than down with my 2 10's

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Well, after going back out and hunting for the cause on my rattle, I found out what I did wrong.

I noticed the torsion bar bracket inside the tailgate had a tab cutout on it.

I then noticed the tab cutout area is supposed to be behind the sheet metal brace inside of the tailgate. My bracket was not installed correctly. The bracket wasn't holding the torsion bar tight enough and it was allowing the torsion bar to rattle.

I reinstalled the bracket correctly with the tab behind the sheet metal brace and tightened it back down.

I now do not have a rattle ;)

Attachments

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Need to double check this when i tear mine apart to fix my window motor thanks!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,157 Posts
aw dang man. you figured it out before we could tell you.
good on ya! thanks for reporting back on it. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
aw dang man. you figured it out before we could tell you.
good on ya! thanks for reporting back on it. :thumbup
I have found that getting out and poking around until you find out what is wrong with your vehicle is the best way to learn about your vehicle.

The second best way to learn is scouring this website !
I have learned so much from FSB. The first moment in which I have trouble working on my Bronco, I stop and come in and search these forums. They are so valuable.
I'm glad to have found this resource.

Kenneth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts