Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, where do I find a reflector for my tailgate. A car wash ripped it off:banghead..... freebie wash from oil change place, and thier service wasn't all that great either.....

·
Registered
843 Posts
Probably a junkyard - but I think you may need to replace the whole aluminum panel. I think if you try and pull the reflector off it will crack... I can't remember how they are attached, I think glue.

I have a panel if you are interested. I could try and remove just the reflector for you, but I think it will crack...

·
Banned
11,476 Posts
I can't remember how they are attached...
Heat-riveted. Their plastic pegs are melted into flares to retain them on the panels. Removing one ruins the flares, and you can't buy one that has never been melted. But you can glue one on, if you can find a good one. I just doubt you'll ever find a good loose one - more likely, you'll find a complete panel with a good reflector & bolt the whole thing on. Click my black Bronco in my sig & look thru the Tailgate Tech album. :deal

·
Registered
562 Posts
You are better off replacing the whole strip like has already been mentioned.

If you do find a good strip, you can use epoxy to re-attach it to the aluminum panel. Just line it up, flip it upside down, and pour a good epoxy over the studs making it kind of like the heated part used to be.

If you can't find one, PM me. I have a couple of panels and strips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.