Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not done taking pictures, but I spent a few days in the 40F weather to replace my tail gate before it snows. It would suck to have the window fall down with it snowing :banghead

The most important thing to cover is how to unhook the glass from the regulator. Everything else is fairly self explanitory.

I drilled out 2 of the 1/4" rivets:

But I tried the grinder on the other 2 just so I'd know which is easier:

Which I found these spacers that clamp on the glass to protect it:

So my conclusion is it's safe to drill at the glass all you want, just keep from angling off into the glass. Some rivets will just spin with the drill, so if you have to grind one, cut an X like above and snap off the pieces. The drill was faster, See:

I'm 95% finished, I'm rewiring the entire truck agian :toothless
The tail lights and tail gate got weatherpack connectors and new wire from the gass tank back. I'll take some more pictures of the tail gate and highlight problem areas.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe everyone doesn't realize what Rust can do. This is why I replaced the tailgate. The metal panels rusted to the point that the inner panel that the glass motor bolts to became loose from the shell:

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good picture, now go post that in my rewiring thread, so others will see the difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts