Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm trying to switch my tailgate out today....and i've got to go back to school pretty soon. And for the life of me i can't figure out how to get the lock part.......thing the extra key goes into, off the old gate....it almost looks like its welded.....which would be bad cause i don't have a welder to weld it back on the new one......any advice would be greatly appreciated......also i the bolts off one of the pieces that hooks to the window.....they were rather rusted, anybody know if regular autoparts stores carry this stuff?

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
k so i figured out the first part finally....but now i can't get the harness out of the old gate.......i know i'm supposed to unplug it from the truck.........but i don't see any plugs in behind my taillight.

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
do some searches on the tailgate and it will lead to a ton of posts. pick one and look for steve83s response recommending them to check out his superford site which contains a tailgate album including diagrams and stuff.

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
spaceexplorer23 said:
k so i figured out the first part finally....but now i can't get the harness out of the old gate.......i know i'm supposed to unplug it from the truck.........but i don't see any plugs in behind my taillight.
The plug on my 78 is in the quarter panel probably the same on yours take a look on the left tail gate door jam pull out rubber plug with the wires in it.:thumbup​

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another question for the moment while i'm ignoring my harness problem.....isn't the torsion bar supposed to be pretty straight?......bastard ripped a hole in the old tailgate when i opened it earlier.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Behind the left tailight is where it unplugs at...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so i've got like no way to fix this piece i broke. It's the piece that one of the arms that the motor moves attaches to....there's two of them they attach to the bracket deals that are riveted to the glass. I've also got a '78 bronc.....wondering if it has the same piece in it that i can take out. It's tailgate is worthless anyway......oh yeah, in my '93 THERE IS NO PLUG on the wire harness....i'm freakin out here.

Help me bronco boarders you're my only hope

1 - 11 of 11 Posts