Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 95 and the torsion bar loop that mounts to the bed is missing. Was wondering if anyone knew where to find one other than salvage yards. Also did any other ford trucks (F-150 etc.) have them? Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I have checked LMC and other sites. I see the torsion bar and brackets inside the tailgate. Just not the part I'm looking for. :doh0715:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did all 78-96's come with one? My tailgate slams down with a disturbing amount of force, I'm guessing I'm missing this part.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I stole one off of an 80something in a junkyard for use on my 79. It didnt work. I still havent found the right one, after years of half-hearted searching.

I cant even remember taking it off, let alone WHY it's off and lost...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have a good picture of one? I'm not much of a fabricator but would attempt on my truck.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
The factory part number is EOTZ 9843050-A, theres only 2 available from Ford as far as I can tell, they are at a dealership in Texas.

·
Banned
38,720 Posts
Did all 78-96's come with one? My tailgate slams down with a disturbing amount of force, I'm guessing I'm missing this part.
Read all the captions in the Tailgate Tech album in my signature link.
I stole one off of an 80something in a junkyard for use on my 79. It didnt work.
What does that mean? It didn't fit the body bolt holes? It didn't fit over the rod?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
just be carefull when removing them
i removed one from my parts truck, thought it was unloaded enough, when i removed the last bolt, bang,it went flying ,had to walk over 50 ft to find it

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I've had the opportunity to have to remove the loop a couple of times. Here's the process I used, and I've never had to search for the loop.

Only remove it with the tailgate almost all the way closed, that will unload it as much as possible. Get a short 7/16 box wrench and put it over the torsion rod. Keeping the tailgate closed as much as possible, loosen the two bolts holding the loop. When the bolts are almost out, lift up on the 7/16" box and you'll be able to unload the rod enough to get the bolts removed without any load on the loop.

Be careful once the torsion rod is disconnected, as the tailgate weighs a ton, and just popping it open and letting it drop might just start a search for a new rear window.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
What does that mean? It didn't fit the body bolt holes? It didn't fit over the rod?
I could get the bolt holes to line up, but the way it was bent just didnt work out. It's hard to describe. I'd go put it on and post pictures, but I cant find it anywhere.

One way, it would bind the rod and the gate wouldnt go all the way down and the other way something else happened that wasnt stock. It's been a while since I fooled with it. All I remember is the endstate: No workie.

·
Banned
38,720 Posts
Then I have to think it was bent - they're all identical AFAIK. :shrug The rods are the same size & shape; they come out of the t/g in the same location; the loop mounts the same distance above the rod/hinge... :scratchhe

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I'll bet it was installed upside down, I don't know how much force it would take to bend it and still have the holes line up. It's not symmetrical, and if it was upside down, the loop part where the rod goes through is shifted about 1 1/4". About 5/8" left or right of the centerline through the bolt holes.

·
Super Moderator
23,882 Posts
The factory part number is EOTZ 9843050-A, theres only 2 available from Ford as far as I can tell, they are at a dealership in Texas.
yo,
I, Thanks for the delaer info!

Some are still avail at NOSPartsWarehouse.com
$5.78 EOTZ-9843050-A
http://www.nospartswarehouse.com/Item-84581/EOTZ9843050A.html
Farmers Branch, Texas
looks as if they have 2

&

Green Sales Company
2172 Seymour Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45237
United States
looks as if they have 3

for ph # & e mail addys to both companies, see;
http://www.rearcounter.com/EOTZ-9843050-A-parts295485.html

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can anyone tell me the bolt size for the torsion bar retainer loop? My bolt head snapped when I tried to remove it. Need to find a replacement. Usual sources (LMC & bronco graveyard don’t sell them). Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey, I just found this post while I was searching for the torsion bar loop. I can't find it online to buy - does anybody have a idea where I could find it except junkyards because I am from germany :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts