Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
92 5.0 E4OD metallic root beer work in progress
300 Posts
Somebody locally has one from an F150 available. Before I look into it, do you know if they’re interchangeable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The F series has the Ford logo on the passenger side. Bronco on the drivers. Only makes a difference if you have the swing away tire carrier, I would guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
92 Ford Bronco XLT automatic 5.0 engine swap. Manual 4x4 with auto locking hubs
97 Posts
The F series has the Ford logo on the passenger side. Bronco on the drivers. Only makes a difference if you have the swing away tire carrier, I would guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Don't forget the key hole

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,400 Posts
Somebody locally has one from an F150 available. Before I look into it, do you know if they’re interchangeable?

That I'm not sure about, but I would think so if I were to guess. I would look at pictures online of then both and decide for yourself until someone can say for sure.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

The lens panel width is wider on the F-series than the Bronco. The lenses aren’t interchangeable between Bronco and F-series… I’ve already tried as mine is missing as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The lens panel width is wider on the F-series than the Bronco. The lenses aren’t interchangeable between Bronco and F-series… I’ve already tried as mine is missing as well.
I have a truck with the smoke colored plastic strip and a Bronco with the red plastic strip.
They are the exact same length and width as measured from the outside.
They MAY differ with regards to the any of the mounting studs on the back side.

Maybe that is where problem you experienced is at ??

I would think that one could use a belt sander or other grinding device to remove the mounting studs and instead use a high quality automotive grade double sided tape (3M brand is best) to install the new strip after wiping parts with alcohol to clean them and ensure a long life of adhesion.
As mentioned earlier, the Bronco model has the Ford oval on driver's side where the trucks have Ford lettering on passenger's side (except some 97HD trucks also had driver's side oval emblem.)
Also, the key hole is not in the plastic strip.

·
Registered
1988 FSB, 351W, Towing Package
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, I found a solution. Went ahead and pulled the plastic lens all the way off and went searching Home Depot for something to put there. Found some rubber wall to floor molding and siliconed it on along with an old logo I had. Looks good!!

·
Registered
1988 FSB, 351W, Towing Package
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well, I found a solution. Went ahead and pulled the plastic lens all the way off and went searching Home Depot for something to put there. Found some rubber wall to floor molding and siliconed it on along with an old logo I had. Looks good!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts