Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do i need to replace in the form of weatherstripping so that water will not get into the driver side rear corner part fo the carpet??? i have tried using the peel and stick stuff but it hasnt worked

anyone have/have had this problem???

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
You could try loosening the side bolts and tightening the top bolts then retighten the side bolts. Mine had the same leak on the right side and tightening the top bolts fixed it. Worst case is buy som new gaskets from JBG or LMC.

Good luck,

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it leaks when parked and rolling, no i cant see light the tg closes all the way, its almost like it gets past the the side weatherstripping at the very bottom and then isnt able to get back out throught the ottom so it seaps into the carpet if thats makes sence

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
It's the seal for the window leaking.

Water runs down the window past the seal, drips onto the inside front of the TG ispection plate. Runs to the bottom of that, comes out the bottom of the inspection plate, runs down the front of the tailgate pooling at the bottom where the seal is, seaping into the carpet.

Replace the seal and make a small deflector plate that sends any water that may get in the tailgate past the inspection plate.

Clear as mud?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
The weatherbelts, the sort of felt-ish things that kind of squeegee the glass between them. There's an inner and an outer, and they usually crack and leak.

You can get replacements from broncograveyard.

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gacknar said:
Replace the seal and make a small deflector plate that sends any water that may get in the tailgate past the inspection plate.

Clear as mud?
i will get a new seal, can you show me what you are talking about w/ the deflector?? do you have any pictures???

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
MuddyBronco13 said:
i will get a new seal, can you show me what you are talking about w/ the deflector?? do you have any pictures???
I have no pics and cant lower the Tailgate where it is siting at. Cant take a pic from inside becouse the speaker box is in the way.

Just look at your tailgate and think about water always going down hill.

Youl figure it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts