Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Both switches use the same wiring just like a 3 way switch in a house so if 1 works and the other doesnt It is probably the switch itself that is bad.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yeah under the rear bumper there is a plug for the key switch. and mine was corroded and that wouldnt let the key switch work.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yeah, my dash worked all the time but the key didnt. they get power from different places. the key has 12 volts all the time. the dash only has 12 volts when the key is on.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
here you go. (thanks to fireguy) see so one switch can work without the other. if your dash switch works than from the diagram you can see that the problem is not having 12 volts to the rear key. so get a volt meter and start checking where you have 12 volts and where you dont. the plugs on my 84 were behind the drivers tailight and above the trailer hitch.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
its from fireguy on this site and its the one i used. i think all the rear window wireing was the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the same problem, but my fix was to get a remote key lock (was planning on getting one anyway) and had them hook up one of the buttons to the dash switch for the rear window. Now I can hit the remote button and the window will roll down, then when I push the door lock button, the back window goes up automatically. It's pretty cool!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
BLUE90 said:
I had the same problem, but my fix was to get a remote key lock (was planning on getting one anyway) and had them hook up one of the buttons to the dash switch for the rear window. Now I can hit the remote button and the window will roll down, then when I push the door lock button, the back window goes up automatically. It's pretty cool!
Blue90

That sounds like what I need, as my 86's rear key switch was outta the picture when I bought the truck and only the dash mounted switch worked. So your setup doesn't rely on the tailgate's keyed switch at all ? And whose kit did you use ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
632 Posts
anybody have a pic of what this plug looks like, i have the same problem. there appears to be 2 plugs under the bumper and i can't get a close look at them because the reciever is in the way :banghead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts