Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

I am having trouble attempting to line the motor up and installed into my tailgate. Does the motor gear touch bouth of the driver's and passengers side teeth of the regulator or just one?

This is what I am using as a reference. (Thanks Steve)

Trying to see in this photo how it mounts....still not sure.

And this......is what I'm working with.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
check steve83s supermotors page then once there click on his tailgate tech it should hel you out, but i believe it should touch both

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve saves the day again!

Steve83 said:
A) It only touches the driver's regulator gear. Why?
I could only assume Steve because its the only way the motor fits in and lines up with the driver gear!

Thanks for the help once again Steve, unlike those idiots in your Signature (they must obviously not know who you are!) your helpful once again.

Does the motor install with the Gear Facing UP (when tailgate is down). From what I can see I should be lining up the window motor gear underneath the metal plate that "humps" upwards. I'm assuming that is protecting the motor gear/driver regulator connection?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with lining up the motor. I also can't get the motor gear and the regulator gear to mesh. It took me forever to even get two of the screws in. I can't get the motor shaft to go into place or the third screw. I was working on this for a long time until I got too frustrated. Are there any tricks to get the motor shaft into place?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
1,290 Posts
I bought a replacement rear window motor for my 88 E/B from LMC Truck bout 2yrs ago. The gear would line up but only 2 of the 3 mounting screws would line up to bolt it in. The 3rd bolt hole was 1/4" off location! I got my dremel with a right angle head and a carbide burr bit and wollered out the 3rd hole in the door. Had the same exact problem with a passenger door motor. Same fix. Wonder where this stuff is being made!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought a replacement rear window motor for my 88 E/B from LMC Truck bout 2yrs ago. The gear would line up but only 2 of the 3 mounting screws would line up to bolt it in. The 3rd bolt hole was 1/4" off location! I got my dremel with a right angle head and a carbide burr bit and wollered out the 3rd hole in the door. Had the same exact problem with a passenger door motor. Same fix. Wonder where this stuff is being made!
It matches the one that was originally in there and because I couldn't find anything different I even tried to put the original back in and I couldn't even get that one to fit back in/line up...I don't know what the problem could be. The only thing I can think of is that the window fell just enough so its cracked at the top could this be causing any issue?

·
Premium Member
1988 5.0L E/B AOD, bone stock+ 1993 5.8L E/B, E4OD, 4"lift with 33's
1,290 Posts
FGP, My old motor had a round case. The LMC replacement motor was oval shaped. Definitely different. You might be onto something with the window sliding down on you and things not meshing up. If you got the time and weather, pull er out and put er back in again. Good luck, Brian;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
FGP, My old motor had a round case. The LMC replacement motor was oval shaped. Definitely different. You might be onto something with the window sliding down on you and things not meshing up. If you got the time and weather, pull er out and put er back in again. Good luck, Brian;)
No, I'm aware that the motors being shaped differently is common problem. Mine just so happens to be the same shape as my original motor that I just took out the other day all around. But still no dice...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Then you applied it too long, and didn't STOP at the correct moment. Just bump it.
What I mean is the the two gears aren't touching each other. And the motor shaft won't go into place causing the motor gear to spin freely and not move the regulator. But I'm going to give it another try tomorrow. Considering that it makes no sense that either the original motor won't fit back in either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts