Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and no luck. My window suddenly stopped working last night half way up. I took it apart and all the wiring seems ok. I applied 12 volts to the motor and it works fine. Neither switch work but when I took the rear switch out, the down button seems to be working ok but the up contactor seems to be suck being that there is no clicking sound when I push it. I was able to hit the switch enough for the contactor to come loose and when I plug it all in I am getting 12 volts at the motor wiring with the down button pushed in but the motor still won't spin. I have the tailgate latch switch jumped out and still no luck. Could the back contactor on the switch cause this problem to happen but then why would I have 12 volts at the motor with the down button pushed in?
Thanks
Kyle

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tested the motor with 12 volts and it works perfectly fine.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,148 Posts
Yeah, it's not the torque pins if it runs fine when jumped directly to the motor.

Be aware that both hot & ground run thru both switches & both wires. You have to check for both hot & ground when testing. If either switch has a bad NC contact neither switch will work.

There are links to wiring diagrams & other tailgate window info in post 3 of this thread.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting to get a switch from a junkyard and then I guess see what happens

·
Registered
69 Posts
Follow the troubleshooting advice in the link posted. Make sure of what you're missing electrically. As said the switch you're not using provides the path for the one you are.

The latch safety switch may also not be seating properly, bypass that to test it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts