Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i went to change my reverse bulbs and i started with the left 1 and put everything back together and thats the last time i messed with anything close to the tailgate or its wiring and no it wont wind up!

Its there a manual way of gettin the window to go back up!!

And how should i start troubleshooting this!??
thanx!

·
Registered
115 Posts
the wires for the tailgate run where the tailight wires are check to see if u bumped it or something if u absolutly have to put the window up with no power motor take the moror off push the window up and reinstall the motor or just leave it down and take the top off:thumbup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok now how in the world do I get to the motor 2 take it off!!??

The glass is sittiin on top of it...

There must be some easier way 2 get it up!

Please give me sum more feedback.. Thanx!!!

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Check to make sure the left side of the tailgate is fully latched closed. There's a safety interlock in the left side latch that will not allow the window to roll up if the latch isn't closed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Get inside (unless tailgate will open), take a 12v battery with you. I heard about a guy that did it with a drill battery and speaker wire. Take off the panel and find the wires from the motor, they are there, just a b###h to find. Scrape off some insulation (tape up after) and put 12v to the wires. There are two wires from the motor, one wire to PLUS other is NEG. window goes up. Flip the wires, + to -, from - to +, this will get the window down; if the motor works. Then, you'll have to figure out what happened to make it get stuck. You can do this with tail open, support the glass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts