Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tailgate stopped latching lately on the passenger side only. It will fully latch on the drivers side but not at all on the passenger.

Is this is easy fix? if so how would I go to fix it?

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously?
yeah, i have no idea on what to do with this. Its my first truck and never dealt with tailgate problems before. so you can all flame me and bitch all you want :twak

all I need to know is if there is some sort of adjusting I can do to get it to latch.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Push it harder
:doh0715:

lol i was smart enough to try that already, but it didnt work, the latch seems to be working fine and its well oiled but it doesnt seem to be contacting the bolt to latch it in from what I can tell but not entirely sure.

·
big, long, hard
5,957 Posts
yeah, i have no idea on what to do with this. Its my first truck and never dealt with tailgate problems before. so you can all flame me and bitch all you want :twak

I wasn't flaming or bitching, it's just that tailgates are easily the most covered topic on this site and I thought you had been around long enough to know that you would get a chorus of "SEARCH, NOOB!".

Anywhoooo, go to Steve83's supermotors page and look up "tailgate tech"

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I wasn't flaming or bitching, it's just that tailgates are easily the most covered topic on this site and I thought you had been around long enough to know that you would get a chorus of "SEARCH, NOOB!".

Anywhoooo, go to Steve83's supermotors page and look up "tailgate tech"
Certainly go look at Steve's stuff, but beyond that the way I went about this was to first carefully look at what the tailgate was doing....is it just that the striker on the passenger side is out, and that needs to be loosened and moved a little (this is pretty easy to do) so it catches the the tailgate fingers? Or, is the mechanism inside the tailgate sticking so that it's not latching with the fingers properly on the passenger side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.