Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Familiar title eh? I've read the other threads concerning the tailgate, and believe it or not, i have a new question! First of all, the problem: the dash rear window switch will work going down, not up. This is a new switch. When I push up the voltmeter cuts way down on the dash, and temporarely disables my drivers and passenger side windows. After about 10 seconds, I can use the front windows like nothing ever happened. The key switch at the tailgate works up and down. No blown fuses, possibly a shorted wire? If a short, there's more wires going too the back of the switch than the wire diagram shows. Please help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
motor?

If the motor we're bad, would it still work off the key switch like it does? If it were a ground, that would mean the switch @ the dash has a ground for up seperately from down?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ha

After being frustrated with the help of steve, I dove into the project more. Seems somebody grounded out the "up" wire with an actual ground too frame. When I bought it, the rear window switch on the dash didn't work, but the key switch did. Why they grounded out the wire I'll never know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry, tired :) Its pretty late over here :)

Key switch? Lowering the window with the key in the tailgate, or how does it work?

Sorry, i'm a newbie. My first Bronco, and no owners manual. There's a lot of guessing involved in my Bronco ownership right now :) Broncos are really unusual over here, there is like 10 Blazers to every Bronco.. or how you say it english.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts