Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a qyestion, i have a haynes manual and it doesnt really say how to replcae this.. but my tailpipe hanger tore recently and i just got a new rubber mount... how do i replace it? thre are no screws or anything that i can see.. maybe im just having a brain fart.. but how do i repace the tailpipe rubber hanger peice?

thanks
Luke

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
you should be able to get a flat-edge and a mallet under one of the ends at the top. whack it a few times- it should work loose and you can slide that pin out.
thats a guess- i was going to take mine off- but i let the muffler shop deal with it...
ace

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bought the stock tailpipe hanger from the Ford dealer (about 15 bucks) when I installed my Bassani system. Muffler shop had cut the factory hanger off when replacing the original tailpipe for previous owner.
Bassani mounts to stock location.
I didn't see any way to replace rubber part of the stock hanger,
Hanger was rivetted from the factory making U-Pullit junkyard too much work for a used exhaust hanger.:thumbup :chili:

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,831 Posts
I cut the rivet out and then replaced it with the right size bolt on mine, It was riveted and it was also rivited to the frame so I didn't see any way around not cutting that peice out.

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
I just went thrugh this a few weeks ago, mine was riveted so I cut it off, found a nut, bolt and washer set up in the junk drawer in the garage that just fit nice and popped the new rubber grommets on with a rubber mallot and lubed everything with vasoline and it came out great and it was cheap, just a couple of bucks~

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought the stock tailpipe hanger from the Ford dealer (about 15 bucks) when I installed my Bassani system. Muffler shop had cut the factory hanger off when replacing the original tailpipe for previous owner.
Bassani mounts to stock location.
I didn't see any way to replace rubber part of the stock hanger,
Hanger was rivetted from the factory making U-Pullit junkyard too much work for a used exhaust hanger.:thumbup :chili:

Does anyone have a part number for this?

~John

·
Super Moderator
29,450 Posts
Yo
Ask dealer parts dept for 5A246 Muffler Assembly Bracket orcan pull from a yard queen's 92-96 Bronco or F series. Use rust penetrant and cordless drill

Item Part Number Description
1 5F250 Catalytic Converter
2 375636-S309 Nut, Catalytic Converter-to-Exhaust Manifold
3 389112-S2 Stud, Catalytic Converter-to-Exhaust Manifold
4 9J454 Air Inlet Tube
5 5230 Muffler
6 N804034-S Clamp
7 5E287 Catalytic Converter Heat Shield, Front
8 N605905-S103 Bolt, Front Heat Shield
9 N803714-S102 Nut, U-Lock
10 N800295-S102 Nut, U-Lock
11 5K283 Catalytic Converter Heat Shield, Rear
12 5F250 Catalytic Converter
13 N605905-S1023 Bolt, Rear Heat Shield
14 N647098-S Rivet...miesk5 note, ue a ss bolt, nut & lock washer
15 5A246 Muffler Assembly Bracket

16 N620481-S2 Nut, Support Bracket
17 5A212 Muffler Extension Pipe
18 N803714-S102 Nut, U-Lock
A — Tighten to 34-46 Nm (25-34 Lb-Ft)
B — Tighten 40-50 Nm (30-37 Lb-Ft)
C — Tighten to 54-71 Nm (40-52 Lb-Ft)
D — Tighten to 22-28 Nm (16-21 Lb-Ft)
E — Tighten to 17-23 Nm (13-17 Lb-Ft)

·
Super Moderator
29,450 Posts
Yo Br,
YW!
Check out local parts stores for some hangers such as this;

pic by yardape

How is the muffler hanger? PCI sells SS hangers except for the TP.

https://www.pciinc.com/shop-pci/STRAPS-HANGERS-CLAMPS-c16256027
PCI builds high quality EGR Tubes, Crossover Tubes, Check Valves, O2 Sensor Repair Bungs, High Temp Silicone Hose, etc. for Bronco & all Ford, w/Ford Part Numbers & pics; great customer phone service!
Great customer phone service!
btw, PCI may be building them for NAPA, RockAuto, etc., but will sell direct

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yo Br,
YW!

How is the muffler hanger? PCI sells SS hangers except for the TP.
It was gone. I found one last weekend in a junk yard off of a F150 that worked just fine.

I am cleaning up the previous owners system. I have a visual inspection in NC and needed to add a CAT back into the mix. I using the bassani y-pipe and cat back.

The PO had welded the AIR input tube shut so I cut his welds off and used ~2 feet of flexible high temp tubing to get down to the bung.

On a side note I really should have started a build thread.... I have worked though the rear suspension, front suspension, all new front drive components (ball joints, u joints, seals, hubs), new front steering components, u joints everywhere, timing chain, cover, water pump, 3g alt up grade, sag PS pump, mirrors, door panels, steering wheel, exhaust manifolds on both sides, EGR valve, plugs, wires, and all the little things that go with each of those projects.

Basically I bought a truck with a great rust free body and decent frame and have been cleaning up 20 years of neglect. The seats and carpet are next but down the road a bit.

·
Super Moderator
29,450 Posts
Yo,
It's not too late to start the Build thread or do it in the Technical Write Ups or 1980-'96 Bronco Tech depending on scope, etc.

Did I give you this before?
96 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (PARTIAL)
Same as most earlier years especially 92-96, except for:
92 through 95 uses the Electronic Engine Control, version Four (EEC-IV, aka On Board Diagnostics (OBD-I)) engine management computer
96 uses the OBD-II (EEC-V) engine management computer;
4WABS (93-96);
RABS (87-92);
Air Bag (94-96);
3 Screw Automatic Locking Hubs (Built from May 95 through 96); Spark Plug Wire Routing & Firing Order (The firing order for 1987-1993 5.0Ls is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. The firing order for 1994- 96 5.0Ls & all 5.8Ls is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.);
R134a in 94-96;
2-piece Spindle Rolling Diaphragm Seal (RDS) used on 5/95 to 96 Broncos & F Series 1/2-ton 4WD;
Mass Air Flow in 95 5.8 California models and in all 96s, other years used Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP).
96 5.8 do not have the Air Injection (AIR), Secondary Air Injection; Pump (Smog Pump), Thermactor Air Bypass (TAB) & Thermactor Air Diverter (TAD) Solenoids; Diverter, Check & Bypass Valves, Cross-Over Tube, etc. But 96 5.0 does have the system.
The 96, Vapor Management Valve (VMV) replaces the canister purge valve (CanP valve) used in EEC IV. But manual still shows CanP valve probably because it was a late addition to the 96 production line.
The Speed Control Deactivation Switch (SCDS) in a 93 Bronco is located on the driver side frame rail, but in 94 through 96 it is on the master cylinder.
Still researching other differences.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yo,
It's not too late to start the Build thread or do it in the Technical Write Ups or 1980-'96 Bronco Tech depending on scope, etc.

Did I give you this before?
96 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual (PARTIAL)
S
Nope! That is great!

All of those quirkes are things I have learned over the last few months for sure. I started a build thread and will try to get caught up with progress this far.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...-eddie-bauer-rebuild-restore.html#post6543241

1 - 14 of 14 Posts