Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that the driverside window will 'keep going' long after it's closed, so I figured the regulator plugs in it were bad. I drilled a couple holes in my door panel (thanks FSB) so I can get the socket into the door to get the motor out (proof searching DOES work) and got it out...although, one bolt went "PLINKO" down inside the door. I figure a quick trip to HD or a hardware store is much easier than trying to fish it out...

Anyway, I took the cover off to discover ZERO grease inside of this thing and little yellow 'crumbles' all over the place (old plugs). So I dumped em out (after snapping a pic) and I'm trying to take the metal gear out, and it will not BUDGE. I connected it back to the harness, and it spins just fine but I can't seem to get the gears out.

I am trying not to break anything or tear anything up too much. Any suggestions? I've got it marinating in the freezer right now (for just a few min) to see if that will make the metal gear a little easier to take out...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, and yes... I took the retaining clip off :D

Few min in the freezer now, gonna see if I can get it off now...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Than I shall show you one retained and you can say I showed you. There's a little C shaped retaining clip with a hole on each end of the "C"

Let me grab my cam and see if I got some good pictures of it. Project is done and successful btw.

And, yeah, momentary lapse of reason on the dropped bolt in the door. Some string and a magnet and 30 seconds and I had them back in my hands.. lol Don't know what I was thinking there.. haha

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I left it in the freezer for about 20 min. Not sure if it helped, but right after taking it out of the freezer, she popped out with little to no effort.

I think maybe the pieces of the prior bushings were binded in there or something making it difficult. I also noticed that the metal gear was somewhat binded on the reminants of where the old bushings were once. I dremeled them down nice and smooth before getting her finished up. Even found some screws that were always missing in my door cover and bolted em on in.

I would have taken the other door off and done it since I had everything out, but they were out of the bushings and I wasn't hunting one down. Another fight for another day :D

Here it is once I pulled the cover off...before doing it...and yes, she's all packed with Ford Grease :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have changed out several and I don't ever remember seeing anything holding the gear on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In place of the bushings you can use six 1/4 nuts stacked two by two. I used them for my driver side door and rear window motors. Works great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In place of the bushings you can use six 1/4 nuts stacked two by two. I used them for my driver side door and rear window motors. Works great.
Yeah, I know, but I figured the prior ones lasted 15 years..I'd throw in these :)

As far as aftermarket motor...I didn't notice "FORD" stamped on the motor anywhere, but then again, I wasn't really looking...a

1 - 7 of 7 Posts