Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since emissions testing around here is good for 1 year after the test is taken and my final emissions test is due in june of next year i wanted to get a head start on it in case I find any problems.

So heres the deal.

Ill be taking it in this weekend for its final emissions testing. So I want to know what I should do ahead of time to make sure it passes.

Right now my timing is set to 12 or 13 gotta double check, should I bring it back down to stock 10?

It has a fresh oil change with about 400 miles on the oil change with lucas oil stabilizer, new air and fuel filters. Ill probably run some seafoam through it a day or 2 ahead of time, half in the gas and half in the intake system. If i dont do the seafoam ill just use some lucas fuel cleaner like usual.

So what else should I do to make sure it passes?

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need to seafoam, or even run any lucas through it. I think you are wasting money Imo.
well i only use lucas about once every 4-6 months, and $3 a bottle isnt bad. But with the crap gas these days a little bit always helps.

·
Premium Member
5,265 Posts
I would bring the timing back down to 10 (mine failed because I tried it without doing that). Your tstat is the 195 degree one right? Go in with the truck fully warmed up and dont shut it off in line... those are my suggestions.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if i remember right when i replaced it, its either a 180 or a 195.. I think its a 195 though. Anyways I planned on driving it up and down the freeway a few miles before even thinking of taking it over. Its at least 6 miles to the testing station, so it should be nice and warm. Should I try going on a nice warm day or maybe something cooler or does it even matter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.