Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 ford bronco. The A/C doesnt work, and as the top is off alot I really don't care to fix it (rather put a locker up front) is there a way to take out the a/c,or does anyone have serpintine routing info for a non a/c bronco that I can adapt and give myself more room under the hood.:rockon

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
seakey said:
I have a 1990 ford bronco. The A/C doesnt work, and as the top is off alot I really don't care to fix it (rather put a locker up front) is there a way to take out the a/c,or does anyone have serpintine routing info for a non a/c bronco that I can adapt and give myself more room under the hood.:rockon
yes, take it off, no use same belt. did you try searching? there is a little "dead" pulley bracket you can buy that bolts right where the AC used to sit. I have pics on my supermotors site somewhere.

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
I'll take that ac compressor if you just want to trash it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
just leave it alown when the ac pump is off it doesen make a drag on the engine you may want it later
if you want to make shure it dosent come on unplug the 2 wire plug at the front of the ac pump

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Leave the compressor there. If you are not interested in fixing your AC ever again, you have the option of converting it to On Board Air very easily. As it is now it produces little to no drag on the engine so it doesnt hurt you in any way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never thought of converting it to onboard air,where can I find info on this I did a search nothing found

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info and pics I'm going to start on that now great idea for onboard air.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
How about a shorter belt and just route around it? Mine is chattering something fierce and I have no desire to spend money on something I could care less about...

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts