Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
it isnt hard to change them. what are you replaceing them with. you cant just take them out you will have a high front end and a low rear end. if you are replacing them with new leaf springs then just unbolt the old leaf springs, undo the u bolts and remove blokc, put factory wedge back in and bolt new springs onto truck and axle

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Just get the sky shackle flip (Like myself, and alot of other resently are planning on doing). Give you 3-4ish inches of lift, and only costs $150 plus you time to install.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also wanted to replace my blocks (4") after reading about them on this site. I looked into the sky shackle flip, but got very confused, and sky mfg. did not respond to my questions.

I have a long bed F150. The site states that the flip gives around 4 inches of lift, and is ideal for "bronco based vehichles". But for long wheel based vehichles (ME), they reccomend "a 4 inch lift block with a 4 degree taper replace the factory blocks, in reverse of stock. This will correct pinion angle and move the axle slightly rearward"

So, I guess this kit will not work for me. I want to replace my 4" blocks and they are telling me to use them with the kit. Wouldn't that equal 8" of lift???:whiteflag Sorry to steal the thread...but I am also searching for alternatives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts