Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard if you take the shell of the back that the seal isnt good anymore and when it rains it links alot is that true>

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
when the carpet gets wet and doesnt dry it reeks like hell, grows mold too.

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
No just be careful with them. There not a one time deal, but if the seals break, than yes you will run into problems.

-Vance

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Ive had 5 bronco's still have 3 of them. The tops are on and off on all of them every yr and i have NEVER had a leak or a problem.

·
Registered
9,788 Posts
order one of what? everything on the page?
:doh0715:
that shits way too expensive, couldnt you just get some generic weatherstriping for the top for like less than 20 and be done with it?

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
buy replacement bolts with regular hex heads, they are way easier to work with when you put it back on.

·
Side step it
1,583 Posts
I used to put some vasaline on the w/strps when I took the top off but now just spray a "Dry silicone" spray on them. 3m makes a w/strp conditioner plus, you can still buy new ones pretty cheaply....-Kevin-:thumbup

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
The tops come off the broncos?!

:goodfinge

:histerica

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
buy replacement bolts with regular hex heads, they are way easier to work with when you put it back on.
I tried with the hex heads and wasnt able to find the correct pitch and size so I jest ended up screwing up a couple of the brackets. I went back to the torx head ones and theyre great. The best thing to have is a spare torx or two and an air compressor.

Also to seal mine back up i just used the chit out of some clear or black rtv. Vaseline is something I have heard of working too. Pretty easy cleanup, and effective throught the rain

The tops come off the broncos?!

:goodfinge

:histerica
Yes the tops come off, you non bronco havin muther f#$%^&.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts