Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
I pm'd Chris Chu. He was suppose to send one my way when he was done. Haven't heard from him though. 90beater (Chris also) may need it back to ream his other axles knuckles. Don't know yet.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
lightnin said:
I pm'd Chris Chu. He was suppose to send one my way when he was done. Haven't heard from him though. 90beater (Chris also) may need it back to ream his other axles knuckles. Don't know yet.

I have another one so I won't need Raf's reamer. If you don't have it Chris must. I know he got it from me.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I brought my arms to a machine shop a few weeks ago and the guy told me the reamer was like $180 and it would take like 3 weeks to get it. (he didn't have the right one) He ended up doing it on the milling machine and they came out really nice. My first attempt failed miserably when the reamer shattered. Word that I got was the spiral-fluted are much better than the straight-fluted ones.
Just for INFO:
http://www.production-tool.com/html/products/vermont/reamers.html#spiral

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Just found this link in my favorites:
http://www.gammons.com/index.htm

Probably a bit overkill for this thread, but I found it an interesting read.:shrug Calculator for figuring out which reamer to use too.

·
Registered
643 Posts
wow , i bouught the XKUT 2 days ago and itll be here today, 52$

·
Registered
643 Posts
GearHead said:
my buddy just ordered one from snap on. it was 46 beans.

i read on mr n's site that the snap on reamer sucked ass,let us know how it works.

ill be testing mine tomorow morning,ill report back i guess....

·
Registered
643 Posts
worked good

·
Registered
169 Posts
plug ugly said:
ive read on PBB that those dont last as long. BUT, its all about slow speed, cutting oil, and not generating heat.

Also never run a reamer in reverse. It will dull it quicker then no cutting fluid, somtimes it only takes as little as one turn running it in reverse and your DUN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts