Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what i can buy and use to take fresh tar/fresh oil off of my bronco? The brown on bottom is now black from the tar, its all over my mirrors, half way up my doors, the chrome trim around the wheel wells, and my chrome exhaust tips are now black. It was early morning and i was going into work and wasnt in the right thinking mind. Road went to one lane cause of them laying down this fresh oil/tar and when i went around the flagger and the first truck, i wasnt thinking and pulled right back into the damn tar. Rode it for a good quarter mile before my brain clicked and told me what a dumbass i was and got back in the other lane. :twak <--me

Anything out there that will take this crap off? It almost feels like the fawking bed liner stuff. :banghead

·
Registered
538 Posts
Most auto stores have bug/tar remover. Just spray it on and leave it soak. WD-40 works well also.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
beisel1111 said:
Most auto stores have bug/tar remover. Just spray it on and leave it soak. WD-40 works well also.
:stupid

Most parts stores have that bug/tar remover. I believe it's geared more towards "tree tar", but it removes asphalt, too :thumbup

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man i hope so. I really want this crap off of my truck. It makes it look like junk.

Jon, imagine your bronco (same color and all) have black tar all over it. The tan is black and the chrome is black (which doesnt bother me cause it actually looks good in black). Man and its my own damn fault. :banghead.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
arkansawer said:
Man i hope so. I really want this crap off of my truck. It makes it look like junk.

Jon, imagine your bronco (same color and all) have black tar all over it. The tan is black and the chrome is black (which doesnt bother me cause it actually looks good in black). Man and its my own damn fault. :banghead.

Wow, yeah i hope that stuff comes off... Sounds like it's everywhere :doh0715:

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
Wow, yeah i hope that stuff comes off... Sounds like it's everywhere :doh0715:

Yeah 32x11.5 buckshots on 8 inch wheels will do that to ya. :toothless

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
Gas can damage your paint.
Get a good mineral spirits or paint thinner. (Get stuff made for automotive paint though)
Kerosene will work also.
I have tried bug & tar remover, it does work, but for the amount of tar you have on your Bronco...use the paint thinner first, then bug and tar remover, then wax it good.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I have heard that the "claybar" works well, too.

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
926 Posts
wd-40 works well. spray it on a soft rag, wipe it off trying not to scratch the paint. make sure you wash and wax it afterwards. that stuff eats the wax off too and then you have no protection for your paint.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Go to a paint/detail shop and ask them if they have anything you could buy off of them. Chances are good that they will not only tell what you can use to remove the tar without damaging the finish but they will probabley just give you some. Just remember to bring a jar with you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts