Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1990 351w Bronco Is about done, Cant find anymore little things that need attention... "attention means cash" Anyways the part that I need is the water hose that goes from just below the radiator cap to the throttle body. The Ford dealership refused to even look for it because " We dont have parts for the older Fords" The dealership in town here hates you if your not buying a car... The guy at autozone just said " Dang dude yer hardcore huh " Does anyone know where I could get one of these ?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
My 1990 351w Bronco Is about done, Cant find anymore little things that need attention... "attention means cash" Anyways the part that I need is the water hose that goes from just below the radiator cap to the throttle body. The Ford dealership refused to even look for it because " We dont have parts for the older Fords" The dealership in town here hates you if your not buying a car... The guy at autozone just said " Dang dude yer hardcore huh " Does anyone know where I could get one of these ?

Wrecking yard? I have run in very cold country without it with no problems though. Eliminate it.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the California Smog Pimps {CSP} come gunnin fer me at smog time ?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Napa has some beefy 3/8" hose, I used a brass 90 degree barb fitting just past the radiator cap area and ran the hose over the top of the fan shroud and zip tied it to the top radiator hose. My pipe was rusted out. Been working great for 2 years now.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
the ford dealership by me is very unhelpfull, I know the feeling. If you didnt buy the car from them they could care less. Especially if your stuff is older than 5 years old. I would say to get some heater hose that is the same diameter and make your own.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I say bypass it. Theres no need to heat up your throttle body IMO. No, the smog guys don't look for the coolant hoses, they only check for emissions related stuff, such as EGR,. vacuum lines, catalytic converter, and ignition timing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anyways the part that I need is the water hose that goes from just below the radiator cap to the throttle body.
Am I missing something? Doesn't the hose just below the radiator cap just go to the overflow can?

Edit: Hmmm...learn something new every day!

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
When I bought my goodyear hi-miler hose set, they give you a piece of 3/8ths line to replace that hard line with.

Guys have eliminated it with no problems, but it's on there, and there's really no reason not to have it working properly.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder why its even there, How does the throddle body benifit ?

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
I wonder why its even there, How does the throddle body benifit ?
It's so that coolant can circulate around the TB and help warm up the incoming air, so that on those very cold days, the truck warms up quicker. At least thats how I understand. Wouldn't hurt either way to have it hooked up or not. :shrug

KC

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
It's so that coolant can circulate around the TB and help warm up the incoming air, so that on those very cold days, the truck warms up quicker. At least thats how I understand. Wouldn't hurt either way to have it hooked up or not. :shrug

KC
No. It just keeps the TB from potentially freezing up.

The air moves through there so fast, there's virtually no heat transfer whatsoever.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
No. It just keeps the TB from potentially freezing up.

The air moves through there so fast, there's virtually no heat transfer whatsoever.
No, it's so the throttle doesn't freeze OPEN (with ice) during extended cruise in certain climates.
Makes sense. :thumbup

KC

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
I tell my ford part guys to quit being lazy and look it up.

Not a very busy dealer, so it's not like they are working their ass off.

But yea unless it it 4 years or newer they ***** foot around about it. I like when they told me a certain parts store should have it, and I told them, nope I know too because I work there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts