Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to tell online how many pins my tcase motor plug is gonna need? I want to go ahead and order the motor but I won't be home for a couple days. I've got an '89 with the largest v8 (351 I think). I just got it so I don't know too much yet, thank in advance!

·
Super Moderator
26,058 Posts
yo Dalton,
TRANSFER CASE;
Item Number: 31648
Unit Price: $99.00
New
1987-90 Ford Bronco 1987-90 Ford F150, F250, F350

http://shop.broncograveyard.com/Transfer-Case-Actuating-Motor/productinfo/31648/

Borg Warner Identification; "...The model number is cast into the rear housing, and sometimes stamped into an ID tag on a tailhousing bolt. This is a 93 EB Bronco1356 ESOF..."
1356 Electric Shift Motor Connector, Missing Pins; "...I just went out and looked at mine. I have, at the Plug...10 wires total. Then, three of those wires go off to a seperate plug on the Tcase. The remaining 7 wires all go up in a bundle until they split and 4 go to the position selector, and three to the motor. So it looks to me like in Steves diagram, look in the lower right corner, you will see 10 numbered wires. #'s 1-3 are likely the ones that go to your motor. Check your wire colors. #'s 6-10 are position sensors, and 2 for the speed sensor, which are probably the ones that go into the tcase, so I would say you need those. wiring does not quite add up right, but the main point I think you need to check is that on your motor you got from JBG, at the connector, are there a total of 10 wires? If yes, then 3 of those will need to be spliced into your tcase 3 wires that you have..."
Source: by Shadofax (TheJuice, The Juice, Mark Z) at FSB

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36007&highlight=1356+connector

Four Wheel Drive (4X4) Wiring Diagram, General Information, Operation & Troubleshooting TSB 92-1-8 for Bronco, F Series & Ranger (COMPLETE); Includes Electric Shift On The Fly (ESOF) Troubleshooting & Hub Operation;(again, same for 87-96;
exc for that in 87; power from Fuse 6 (15 amp) to "ELECT SHIFT CONTROL MOD" WHT-PPL and CB 12 (30amp) to "ELECT SHIFT CONTROL MOD" BLK-WHT; SEE A7 and A8 in the 4x4 diagram, it shows those two wires BLK-WHT as BK/W from SHIFT MODULE to P1 BATTY and and WHT-PPL as W/P to P2

4 Wheel Drive TSB 92-1-8 same for 87-96; exc for that in 87; power from Fuse 6 (15 amp)

1356 Electric Shift Motor Connector, Missing Pins, Bronco & Ford; "...Carefully record wire pin positions. Using a suitable tool, release each sensor wire pin. NOTE: Some harnesses may have a center pin as shown in the sample graphic. If there is a center pin, it must also be transferred. Install wire pins in the replacement motor connector in the same position as in the original motor connector until they snap in place. Note that the sensor and harness wire colors must match. Verify pin placement, then replace red locking tab. This completes wire pin transfer. The white pins are the ones for the speed sensor that need to be transferred..."
"...Most units fail because of water or mud intrusion. Carefully inspect motor boot or protective coverings. Be sure connector seals can keep water and debris out. Check wiring harness and connector. Replace or repair wiring as necessary. After installation, periodically select 4-wheel drive mode to ensure operation when needed..."
Source: by CARDONE®

Source: by Steve83

NP203, 205, 208, BW 1345, 1350 & 1356
Source:http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/transfer_case_replacements_and_parts/cross_reference_chart.html

For other major Drivetrain ID see my reply @ http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168762

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bolt size/ thread

When I bought my Bronco the PO took out the old tcase motor and didn't give the bolts (found out about a month after I got her home). I was wondering if any of you would be willing to take figure out what the bolt size, length, and thread type is of the three bolts that hold the tcase motor in place. I would greatly appreciate that!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts