Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been to occotillo but not tds. is my stock form bronco ok for occotillo?

I have run cleghorn with no problems. not sure it my suspension will be done by tds,

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

I have run cleghorn with no problems. not sure it my suspension will be done by tds,
They have runs for all levels and the groups can be quite large, so you'll certainly have help and spotting if you need it. Now that it's based out of Ocotillo, I just take off with a couple of buddies and do some high speed runs in the washes.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Like Yikes said, they have runs of all levels and lots of people. The runs get spread out, so it doesn't seem crowded. They have optional items off each trail for more challenging stuff. I have a great time every time I go.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do our Broncos pass the mandatory safety inspection for this event?
It says roll bar or metal top as mandatory, so i'm wondering if anyone here without roll bar has done this event?

I will assume soft tops without a roll bar are a No Go, so i will just put my hard top back on (if i have to).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do our Broncos pass the mandatory safety inspection for this event?
It says roll bar or metal top as mandatory, so i'm wondering if anyone here without roll bar has done this event?

I will assume soft tops without a roll bar are a No Go, so i will just put my hard top back on (if i have to).
They will pass no problem. I passed last year with the hard top on and no doors. Just make sure you have a fire extinguisher. And you are correct, no soft top w/o a roll bar.

Also make sure you have a tow strap. I've been checked every year I went. I had to actually show them the strap. Luckily it was already hooked on the back end.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How serious is everyone about the exhaust? I'm sort-of ghetto right now, but i haven't had to worry about passing smog for some reason. Maybe because it's an ex forrestry truck?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
As of right now, there is a good chance I will be going. I really like that area. Truckheaven is my favorite but how diffrent could it be less than 20 miles away. I have the form printed....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Flourman, I got my registration form just need to fill it out and send it.
I was out there last year and felt like the only Bronco on the run.
Be great to wheel with some FSBs! Last year I was surounded by Jeeps.
Keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it seems like every year I have a huge list I want to get done before I go to TDS. I reality, I need this stuff done before King of the Hammers (the week before TDS). I'm pitting for a team out there and doing some wheeling.

Here's what this year's list includes:

Finish cage work - This will be done this Saturday
Get the 60 under the front - This should be done by next Saturday
Replace panhard hiems - This will get done when the 60 gets thrown under
Install welded carrier in my sterling.
Install hydro-assist cause I already welded the diff on the 60

Depending on when I get my taxes filed, I would LOVE to get 5.38's, 42's and beadlocks in, but I'll have to see about that.

Oh, I forgot to mention, whoever shows up, give your raffle tickets to me. Nobody ever wins anything and I will properly dispose of them. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts